For a whole year, on a weekly routine we purchased a tub of infant formula! After emptying each tub of formula with such baby lightening eating speed, we were left with stack able, sturdy containers that took up a three tier storage shelf in our garage. (Guilty Disclaimer: I could not part with these tubs because each one was so expensive, while I had no idea what to do with!) My husband insisted that I needed to take action on them before it became a living, breathing monster residing in our garage rent free! So my options were to donate it to local schools, find use for them around the house or lay them to rest in a recycling facility along with other recyclables!
Starting in the house, I searched around in each room requiring a need for organization. In the kitchen, I needed to reorganize baby’s clean bottle area. So removing tub tops, I used them as trays, see picture below.
It is a good dish soap bowl for when I am hand washing dishes.
I also use it for mixing dish for cleaning products or when I am mixing paint for a project.
In the pantry and cabinets, I have used for:
- Plastic eating utensils – spoons, forks, sporks and knives
- Fast food packets
- Individually packed snacks
- Small kitchen utensils
- Pasta noodles
- Birthday candles and accessories
These tubs are cost saving kitchen drawer organizer trays, for everything, take a look:
I also used tubs for:
- Large batches of cookies and trail mix
- A quick substitution to store leftover holiday food. It is not for certain if these tubs or tops themselves are microwaveable – I HAVE NOT ATTEMPTED TO TRY MYSELF, AND YOU SHOULD NOT EITHER.
- Pantry storage for dry ingredients – flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda
- Dog treats, biscuits and medications
In my office:
I used tubs for storage containers for bulk items:
- Paper clips
- Paint brushes
- Glue sticks
- Hair accessories
In the bathroom, I organize bulk toiletries
- Baby cloths
- Travel size hand sanitizer
- Unopened packages of razors
- Dental floss
- Orthodontic supplies
I have also used tubs for holding other items:
- Recipes cards
These tubs are stack able, reusable money saving storage container solutions for anything! Don’t be too quick to throw them out, you might have a use for them!