“Should I feed my baby infant formula?” was the first post on my blog, and now, I am following up with a related post, by doing a personal product review on Playtex Baby Ventaire Anti Colic Baby Bottles.
During my last trimester, I did a lot of research on baby bottles. There are so many kinds of baby bottles to choose from! Luckily, since I worked at a local hospital and having access to speak firsthand with pediatricians, family doctors, lactating coaches, and nursing staff, they gave 5 star ratings and high recommendations for Playtex Baby Ventaire Anti Colic Baby Bottles.
Eventually, I purchased these bottles feeling like I did enough research and consulting with others, I was confident that Playtex Baby Ventaire Anti Colic Baby Bottles was the best choice for our baby.
However, prior to deciding, I will admit to you, my friends, that I had an intermittent super pregnant mental breakdown over baby bottles. I cried for 3 days (true story!). Understandably, I was overwhelmed with thousands of bottle choices…with the help of my sweet husband to supply me with boxes of tissue and tubs of chocolate fudge ice cream, I was able to get through some really rough times.
There were so many kinds of baby bottles, and it was overwhelming, it felt like a bottomless rabbit hole of despair and frustration…. over flippin’ baby bottles!!! Night-after-dreadful-night of window shopping, reading reviews, talking to others, searching through Amazon pages for baby bottles…further and further down the rabbit hole I went, but I survived! Hallelujah!
Initially, my husband and I decided to mix-feed (breast feed and bottle feeding) however that plan was lovely and a short lived because I was having lots of issues with breastfeeding. In the hospital, Lah-Lah was given supplemental milk formula, which caused her to have gas, colic and spit-up. However, we switched her to gentlease infant formula, all of her stomach issues and colic quickly resolved on its own. Using Playtex Baby Ventaire Anti Colic Baby Bottles, promoted a happy belly and most definitely a much more content, restful baby.
Why Playtex Baby Ventaire Anti Colic Baby Bottle are the best?
Since Lah-Lah was a week old until now, we have been using Playtex Baby Ventaire Anti Colic Baby Bottles!
- Bottom vent allows air to enter without it mingling with the liquid while baby is drinking.
- It’s angled design promotes semi-upright feeding position to help prevent nasty ear infections! This is actually a very true statement, our baby did not have any ear infections at all!
- These bottles offer 3 types of nipples, natural latch, breastlike and petite
- Bottle cleaning is an easy chore, the entire bottle disassembles, there is a total of 6 parts that make up this bottle (see picture below).
- When it came to hand washing, there was no difficulty cleaning whatsoever, or guesstimating if it actually cleaned or not! I just used hot soapy water and soaked for 5 minutes!
- These bottles are top shelf dishwasher friendly !
- They are built like military tanks, I have a total of 10 9oz bottles, after 16 months later, all bottles remain intact, uncracked, and are not showing signs of wear and tear!
4oz? 6oz? 9oz?
I only purchased 9 ounce bottles because I knew baby’s appetite would grow with the bottles! Purchasing the other size bottles, 4 oz and 6 oz did not make any sense to me. It only meant that I would have to purchase more bottles once she grew out of them requiring more milk. My suggestion is to jump right into the 9oz bottles!
Prior to my hospital delivery, I purchased 4 packages of 2 count (or a total of 8) Slow Flow Playtex NaturaLatch Nipples.
Since we were doing round the clock feeding, every 2 hours, 8 was a good count of bottle nipples to purchase.
Lastly, I give Playtex Baby Ventaire Anti Colic Baby Bottles 5 stars and recommend these bottles to expectant moms and dads.